Sunday, September 10, 2006

Padgett Post 9/10

I survived both of the summer prep courses unscathed, and I feel much more prepared for fall quarter classes. So I'd say that the program was effective. I'll even admit that I thought QM was slightly easier than econ, mostly because I couldn't keep up with all the econ readings and homework sets. I really tried to read all of the assignments from both textbooks to become familiar with the terminology and basic concepts, but it's difficult to cram so much into five or six days. Maybe it's just hard to be in same class for 4 1/2 hours a day and go home to continue reading/working on the same subject continuously for a week. Or maybe I should have skipped that baseball game which went into extra innings.
 
It was cool to be able to apply the previous QM lessons to our econ homework in real-life applications, and I feel like I learned a lot. The reasons why we are studying this stuff became much clearer, and the math gets easier with practice. The econ lectures were more stimulating and interactive, although there were some long tangents. It was kind of nice being in a classroom instead of an auditorium. Prep has been an overall good experience, and I really enjoy working with my peers. I really don't have any complaints. Orientation starts tomorrow, and I'm sure we'll hear an interesting speech commemorating the five year anniversary of 9/11.
 
-Beckie Padgett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home